Shires, Peake & Gottlieb provide a full range of legal services to meet the needs and goals of franchisors, franchisees, and prospective franchisees. From start to finish, we counsel prospective franchisees in the acquisition of a franchised business, including negotiating franchise the agreement, as well as educating the client on the legal and business considerations present in the acquisition of a franchised business. Our experience in preparation and registration of Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) allows us to provide experienced counsel to start-up, early stage and mature franchise systems. Our attorneys draft and negotiate multi-unit development, master franchise and other agreements related to the offer and sale of a franchise. Our team of litigators provides experienced representation of both franchisees and franchisors in litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
- Preparation of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- Interpretation of the FDD for prospective franchisees
- Drafting and negotiation of franchise agreements
- Handling the registration of the franchise offering
- Drafting and negotiation of area development and other agreements related to the offer and sale of a franchise
- Counseling and representation of prospective franchisees in the acquisition of a franchised business
- Representation of franchisees and franchisors in litigation, arbitration, and mediation